Today, open source solutions giving a significant competition to the proprietary software solutions. Same applies for the ESB software.
There are number of open source ESB solutions available in the market, but the WSO2 ESB is the only ESB solution to be claimed as a 100% Open Source ESB solution in this competitive market. It was licensed under Apache License versions 2.0 .
When we say 100% Open Source ESB, there can be several questions coming in to your mind. Below will answer your questions.
Is the entire source code available freely? How about the Enterprise edition of WSO2 ESB?
There is no such concept called Enterprise WSO2 ESB and Open Source WSO2 ESB as you have come across with other open source ESB solutions. In WSO2 ESB, we provide the entire source code available for the users without restricting the use of any available feature.
Managing the success with Open Source Model
When it comes to Open Source ESB, you may have some doubts whether you can get necessary resources that helps to continue with an open source product.
The importance of WSO2 ESB is that, we have identified this and provides a higher level of support to the people who are using WSO2 ESB through several channels.
- Source Code - Source code is managed in the git repository.
- Issue tracker - Issues can be tracked
- Community Contribution - You can contribute to the product
- Documentation - There is complete guide on the use of WSO2 ESB.
- An AI bot - An AI bot to answer product related queries
- Stackoverflow - Raise your questions
- Mailing List - You can monitor the mail threads and participate on discussions about product developments
Sustaining the business operations while catering to the Open Source model
The business model of the company is based on helping customers to be successful with using WSO2 products by providing necessary consultancy services as well as on-going production subscription support.
It would be nice to try it out by your self.
For more information visit WSO2 website.